7 Relaxing Health Benefits of Herbal Chamomile Tea
Had been long used by the Egyptians, chamomile tea is more than just giving a soothing treatment, but it really provides several amazing benefits for health. If you already become a chamomile-tea-enthusiast, you would be very happy to know what incredible things this tea can do for your health. They might be as great as the benefits of green tea you have known.
Chamomile Tea Nutrition Facts
To make it clearer about what you can gain from sipping a cup of chamomile tea, below is the list of nutrition from 100 grams of chamomile tea, according to the USDA National nutrient data base.
- 20 g carbs
- 3 g dietary fiber
- 1 Kcal energy
- 20 IU vitamin A
- 010 mg thiamin
- 004 mg riboflavin
- 1 mg sodium
- 9 mg potassium
- 2 mg calcium
- 08 mg iron
- 015 mg copper
- 1 mg magnesium
- 044 mg manganese
- 04 mg zinc
- 1 mg caffeineBased on the nutrition list, this tea is indeed containing low caffeine. Also, chamomile herbal tea is free of cholesterol and fat. However, it is also lacking in some vitamins and phyto-nutrients, so you should combine it with some other healthy meals while adding it to your afternoon treat. Here are the health benefits of herbal chamomile tea.
- Promoting Better Sleep People with insomnia should try this natural treatment instead of taking pills. The soothing effect of chamomile tea can make you sleep better without having to fight with your stress, thanks to its mild sedative effect. Try drinking a cup of this tea 30 minutes before going to bed and see the result. If you want to try some other herbal tea, check the other benefits of herbal tea before bed, which will also help for curing insomnia.
- Reducing Nervous Still talking about its mild sedative effect, chamomile tea is also good for soothing your nervous system, helping you end up with fresher mind. This could be why it can make you sleep better.
- Relieving Headache When you suffer from migraine headache or just feel uncomfortable in your head caused by stress or flu, drink chamomile tea. With its good ability in helping with sleep and soothing the nervous system, this herbal tea is surely useful for dealing with migraine headache.
- Helping with Relaxation There are many health benefits of herbal chamomile tea. The reason why it provides such benefits listed above is because it is extremely relaxing. It helps your mind and body feel better so you can sleep better and have no headache.
- Providing Anti-Bacterial Properties The flavonoids contained in chamomile tea provide anti-bacterial properties that could protect your body from infections. It could be a good thing that simply drinking a cup of tea helping you healthy.
- Boosting Immunity With the body is protected from bacteria, and then your immune system at the same time is well maintained. It prevents several illnesses from the small to the bigger ones.
- Relieving menstrual Cramps Not only soothing your mind, chamomile tea is also helpful in soothing your stomach during menstruation. The cramping sensation can be reduced since the uterus is relaxed so you can enjoy your period.