If you’re looking for ways to ease neck and shoulder pain, yoga may be a good solution. Here are five yoga poses that can help:
1. Neck rolls. Start by sitting up straight with your shoulders relaxed. Slowly roll your head from side to side, letting your chin drop toward your chest on each roll.
2. Seated forward bend. Sit with your legs outstretched in front of you and your back straight. Then, slowly lean forward, reaching for your toes. You should feel a stretch in the back of your neck and across your shoulders.
3. Cat-cow pose. Start on all fours with your hands and knees shoulder-width apart. As you inhale, arch your back and look up toward the ceiling. As you exhale, round your back and tuck your chin toward your chest. Repeat this sequence a few times.
4. thread the needle pose. Again, start on all fours with your hands and knees shoulder-width apart. Reach one arm underneath the other so that your shoulder is close to the ground. Hold for a few breaths, then switch sides.
5. Child’s pose . From all fours, sit back on your heels